More Parish News
- ADORATION with the ROCK GROUP
- is every 3rd Friday of the month at St. Bartholomew parish. Please join us on those Fridays at 7:15pm. This is a beautiful prayer experience for adults, youth, and families. Come for 15 minutes, an hour, or as much time as you would like.
- RELIGIOUS FREEDOM ISN'T RED OR BLUE. IT'S AMERICAN
- Democrats and Republicans fight about every issue, but on religious freedom - our first American freedom - there should be no argument. In America, religious belief and practice are protected by the First Amendment. As Catholics, we serve the poor, protect life, welcome immigrants, educate youth, and fight for social justice. Our service flows directly from our faith; the two cannot be separated. These are matters of conscience and principle, not subjects for political negotiation or compromise. But today, the right to live out our faith is being eroded. At the federal level, the Department of Health and Human Services recently decided that Catholic schools, charities and hospitals are not "religious employers" that deserve religious freedom protection. As a result, these ministries will be forced to provide and pay for health insurance coverage of sterilization and contraception - including abortion-inducing drugs - forcing them to choose between violating Church teaching and breaking the law. At the state level, legislation has passed that would prevent Catholics from serving undocumented immigrants, even with basics like food, shelter and medical services. In both cases, religious people and institutions, both Catholic and non-Catholic, have stood up for the freedom of all Americans by challenging these violations of conscience in court. Whenever government tries to redefine any faith community by severing religious service from religious worship, or tries to force those service providers to violate their consciences, that's dangerous for all Americans, not just Catholics. Stay informed, visit www.FirstAmericanFreedom.com or text FREEDOM TO 377377 because Your Voice Matters.
- FULL-CIRCLE LIFE MINISTRY
- A new Ministry has formed at St. Bartholomew Church, reflecting that God is the author of life from the beginning to the natural end. Find out more »»»
- Archdiocese of Hartford Compliant With Charter Audit for Safety of Children
- An independent audit completed by StoneBridge Business Partners of Rochester, NY has found that the Archdiocese of Hartford is in compliance with all audited articles within the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People for the 2010-2011 audit period.
Read the complete notice from the Archdiocese to parishes.
- NATURAL FAMILY PLANNING
- See the new information from the Full Circle of Life ministry.
- ONLINE GIVING
- How does Online Giving help the parish? Concerned about security? Find out more here!