St. Bartholomew Church now offers Online Giving! Sign up today!
What are the benefits for me and my parish for using Online Giving?
- No need for writing checks
- Option to remain anonymous
- Financial planning allows you to align your paychecks with your parish offertory schedule
- Allows you to give even if you are unable to attend parish services
- Contribution amount is easily adjusted
- Credit card option allows you to take advantage of any benefits such as airline mileage or cash bonuses
- Use Online Giving in conjunction with offering envelopes
- No need to share confidential credit card or bank account information with parish staff;
enter it directly into the Online Giving secure site
- No check processing fees
- Increases regular giving with recurring contributions
- More accurate revenue forecasting
- Provides electronic donation summary for tax purposes
- Reaches a wider demographic of givers
- Accommodates special parish collections and missions including school tuition
- Eliminates parish staff's concerns regarding security of sensitive data
- Allows staff to focus on parish ministries and activities rather than envelopes and contribution recording
The main way in which Online Giving saves the parish money
is that there is no cost of printing and mailing the offertory envelopes for the people who make their donations online.
There is also a savings in the time involved in processing the envelopes once they come into the office. They are manually entered into our computer system. Volunteers open, count and prepare the bank deposit and then all of the envelopes need to be entered into each person's "account" and that step is done by a paid employee.
Because the donations are for the most part set up as recurring, the parish receives donations from each individual regardless if they are able to attend Mass or not, so vacations, weather, etc. don't affect their offerings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my information secure?
Yes. Get complete security information
What are the advantages of Online Giving?
It makes it easy to fulfill stewardship commitments, even when you are unable to attend church. You never have to bring cash or checks to church. Giving electronically also helps the church save money and plan its budget!
How are my contributions automatically deducted from my account?
Once you create your account, the contribution amount you specify will automatically be transferred from your bank account to the church's bank account.
When will my contribution be deducted from my account?
Your electronic contribution will be debited on the date you specify.
If I do not write checks, how do I keep my checkbook balance straight?
Since your contribution is made at a pre-established time, you simply record it in your check register on the appropriate date. Electronic contributions are recorded for you on your bank statement as well as your online reports.
Without a canceled check, how can I prove I made my contribution?
Your bank statement provides an itemized list of electronic transactions as well as your online reports.
Can I put different amounts in offerings and have all of them withdrawn at different times?
You can set up to contribute to different offerings at different times; However, you will have to do each one separately. You will receive a receipt for each one.
What if I change bank accounts?
Simply login and update your account information.
What if I try Online Giving and don't like it?
You can cancel your authorization by deleting your credit card and/or bank account information along with your donation dates.
How do I sign up for Online Giving?
- Click on the DONATE button below
- Click on the Online Giving link
- Click on the Create New Account link
It's that simple!