- During September, as in all of Ordinary Time (formerly known as Time After Pentecost), the Liturgy does not focus on one particular mystery of Christ, but views the mystery of Christ in all its aspects. We follow the life of Christ through the Gospels, and focus on the teachings and parables of Jesus and what it means for us to be a follower of Christ. During Ordinary Time we can concentrate more on the saints and imitate their holiness as Christ's followers.
This month the main liturgical feasts are St. Gregory the Great (September 3), Birth of Mary (September 8), St. Peter Claver (September 9), Holy Name of Mary (September 12), St. John Chrysostom ( September 13), Exaltation of the Holy Cross (September 14), Our Lady of Sorrows (September 15), Sts. Cornelius and Cyprian (September 16), St. Robert Bellarmine (September 17), St. Andrew Kim and Companions (September 20), St. Pio (September 23), Sts. Cosmas and Damian (September 26), St. Vincent de Paul (September 27), Sts. Michael, Gabriel and Raphael (September 29) and St. Jerome (September 30). © Trinity Communications
- PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL NOMINATION
- For more information about the council, see our new Pastoral Council page.
- MACC CHARITIES FOOD DRIVE
- September is St. Bart's month to hold a food collection for the MACC pantry. Use the list of needed items as a guide for your purchases. Please bring your donations to the church during office hours or at weekend Masses.
- ADORATION - September 19
- Adoration with Deacon Bill is every 3rd Friday of the month at St. Bartholomew parish. Please join us on Friday, September 19 at 7:15pm. With music provided by Evan Shaw Mumford, this beautiful prayer experience is for adults, youth, and families. Come for 15 minutes, an hour, or as much time as you would like.
- 2014-2015 NYC BUS TRIPS
- Details and a registration form are available here.
- MORE NEWS »»»